2D Studies

I have joined the "Crimson Daggers" for about 1 week and it's been a blast. I do a study every day for at least on hour, most of them though take waaay more than that.
I've also found a nifty tutorial on deviant art on how to digital paint from life which added up to my current exercises.

These were done as my 1st digital study exercise. So far I was hating the digital medium as far as 2d practice goes but becoming more and more proficient. These studies are from the tutorial I was mentioning.



Following these studies that took around 20 minutes for the  rock thingies and 2 hours for the light bulb, I've started actually drawing from life various objects around the house.

 
  

Also had an attempt to speed paint a landscape from a luminist painting which didn't quite turn out as I planned... 



And finally the piece of resistance ... I kind of pushed myself a little bit and attempted to master copy one of Malcom Liepke`s paintings. Took around 14-16 hours because I kept getting bored of it and slacked every 20 minutes or so. I`m quite happy with the final result even though proportion and color values are off more or less.
This particular study was also made as a token of appreciation towards my girlfriend whom I thank madly for all her support and kind words regarding my art struggle. Thanks babe :)




And this is the original painting done by the very talented Malcom Liepke 






And this is an animation with the step by step process is used for this study.

Comments

ArtStation Gallery Link

ArtStation Gallery Link
Click banner for ArtStation Portfolio