Studies studies studies

As some further research, I have done a cloth study as my character will be wearing drapery, and have done some other studies and drawings for practice.

As a short mention I would like to explain why do I work in this way, doing more studies than personal work, investing 99% in practices that can not be showcased as portfolio work and so on.

One of the most important things that art enthusiasts are not aware of, is that talent is a misconception, a work used wrongfully as a substitute for "experienced" or "more aware of visual circumstances"

In order for me to generate and evaluate new ideas, and to be sure that my work relates to the current activities in my field, I feel it is necessary to undergo a series of steps in order to prepare properly for each and every task.

For example I know that my future character that I will be working on in the near future will have an organic anatomical part, a hard surface metallic part and a cloth part, be it pants or other cloth related accessories.

In such cases I will always start with a painted study after a reference stock image. The study below deals with materiality, cloth deformation and general painting techniques that I hope to apply rigorously when the time comes in my future portfolio characters.

I will try as often as possible to undergo this approach, making sure that the visual choices I take have good pertinent reason behind them.

Hope this helps,
Vick.









Comments

ArtStation Gallery Link

ArtStation Gallery Link
Click banner for ArtStation Portfolio