Halo Fan-art - Locust Mech Helmet - Zbrush Hard Surface Model

Some recent hard surface practice. Felt like making a Halo fan-art / tribute piece as I`m a super fan of 343 Industries. Concept of the Locust / Mech like helmet belongs entirely to them. I just took it and did a practice run in 3D , and also butchered the design with my shitty observational skills.

Modeled/Sculpted inside Zbrush as a high poly exercise, first hard surface sculpting attempt ever really.
Have used Maya briefly for retopologising some pieces, as to compare with zbrush retopo speed.

I`ve used Michael Pavlovich`s tutorials from you tube in order to learn, as this was my first actual hard surface attempt and I didn`t even know where to start. I must admit it looks harder than it actually is.Scary at first but good thing Zbrush is a joy to work in :D
Rendered in Keyshot btw.

Anyway, thanks for visiting and will make sure I`ll post more often.



Comments

ArtStation Gallery Link

ArtStation Gallery Link
Click banner for ArtStation Portfolio